US Maritime Administration Jobs | Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) Employment Opportunity at US Maritime Administration Careers Portal. US Maritime Administration Fort Eustis, Virginia Jobs. Check Fort Eustis, Virginia Government Jobs for freshers. Fort Eustis, Virginia Entry Level Jobs. Get latest job employment in USA. USAJobs in Fort Eustis, Virginia.
US Maritime Administration is a leading job provider company. Job seekers who are searching US Maritime Administration Jobs opportunity, there are lots of jobs opportunity available. If you are interested to do work with US Maritime Administration then you can apply for US Maritime Administration Jobs. The details of US Maritime Administration Careers opportunity is provided in the below section. You can choose the latest jobs in US Maritime Administration which one matching with your profile.
US Maritime Administration Jobs | Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) Position available.
US Maritime Administration now hiring for Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) Position for Fort Eustis, Virginia location. This is best jobs opportunity for candidates looking for US Maritime Administration Jobs near me. Candidates those are interested to do US Maritime Administration jobs in Fort Eustis, Virginia Location can apply for this Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) job position. For this best jobs in US Maritime Administration company/department office situated in Fort Eustis, Virginia Location you need experience from relevant field qualification. This is also a great opportunity for job seekers who are trying to find out Highest Paying jobs in US Maritime Administration Fort Eustis, Virginia. Because US Maritime Administration is providing approximately $21.62 – 25.22 per hour for the position of Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees).
Details of US Maritime Administration Jobs for Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) Position according to company’s official US Maritime Administration Careers Page given below table in shorts. If you need to know all information in details about US Maritime Administration jobs Fort Eustis, Virginia location the you should read this post till the end.
|Name of Company||US Maritime Administration|
|Job Profile||Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees)|
|Name of Recruitment||US Maritime Administration Recruiting|
|Salary||approximately $21.62 – 25.22 per hour|
|Job Location||Fort Eustis, Virginia|
|Job Type||US Maritime Administration Jobs in Fort Eustis, Virginia|
US Maritime Administration Jobs Description
This position is located in the Reserve Fleets, Office of Ship Operations, Office of the Deputy Associate Administrator for Federal Sealift, Office of the Associate Administrator for Strategic Sealift, Maritime Administration (MARAD).
You will serve as deck hand on fleet craft and barges. You will also participate in ship mooring and unmooring evolution as part of a line handling crew, handling mooring lines or wire during arrival, departures, or intrafleet moves.
As a Rigging Worker, you will:
- Use hand signals to guide crane operators in hoisting, moving, and lowering of loads. Participate in ship mooring and unmooring evolution as part of a line handling crew.
- Must have basic skills in the use of all types of hand, power tools and measuring instruments common to shipboard rigging and cargo gear maintenance and repair. Must know and be able to use standard hand signaling system in all operations, and possess a good knowledge of OSHA requirements as it pertains to shipyard industry and environmental regulations.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. Frequently carry moderately heavy objects and continuously bends, stoops, pushes and pulls.
- Be expected to identify any and all malfunctioning or deteriorated equipment which will not meet program material readiness and criteria, describe what repairs or adjustments will be necessary to correct deficiencies.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: The employee frequently lifts and carries moderately heavy objects such as cables, chains, and jacks. Continually reaches, bends, stoops, pushes, and pulls while attaching rigging to the object to be moved. Frequently uses the entire body weight to push or pull suspended loads, chain falls, or load tag lines while moving objects into desired positions. Stands and walks for prolonged periods of time, and frequently climb on platforms or other structures to signal the crane operator.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: The employee works both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather. The employee is subject to possible cuts and burns while handling wire and fiber ropes. The employee is exposed to cuts, bruises, and broken bones from falls while climbing and attaching rigging to the load and while signaling the crane operator from platforms or other structures. Frequently exposed to serious injury from swinging loads, breaking slings, and falling objects. Various protective devices such as hard hats, safety shoes, and gloves are used to minimize these conditions.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
Qualifications for the position are based on the training, experience, or other requirements that determine which applicants would be able to perform satisfactorily in the position to be filled.
To qualify for the WG-08, your experience should include experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- The ability to perform rigging and deck services for vessels.
Your application will also be rated on the following job elements:
- Ability to do the work of the position.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Ability to provide production support.
- Knowledge of materials.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. If you do not meet the minimum levels in the ability to do the work OR if you do not meet the minimum level overall, you will be disqualified.
This vacancy may be used by any DOT agency to fill similar positions within 90 days.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
Federal Wage System (FWS) positions require the use of a Screen-Out Element. Points will be based on experience and training which are documented by your responses to the questionnaire. To be qualified, applicants must receive at least 2 points on the Screen-Out Element and an average of 2 points on all the elements in order to be considered minimally qualified for the position. Applicants who do not receive 2 points on the Screen-Out Element will be eliminated from further consideration.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of two categories: Qualified or Highly Qualified, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran’s preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers.
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be updated on your behalf or you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers. If referred, all relevant documents including performance appraisals and awards submitted with your application package will be forwarded to the hiring official for review. The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
- Required Documents
RESUME – All applicants must provide a resume created within USA Jobs Resume Builder, that shows relevant experience, education and support the required specialized experience. Formatted resumes can by uploaded later in the application process.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS/INCENTIVE AWARDS: If applicable, performance appraisals and/or Incentive award documentation may be submitted and forwarded to the selecting official in consideration of your application. To receive credit, submit a recent performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable (do not submit a performance plan) and/or incentive award documentation dated within the last 18 months (i.e. performance awards, special act or achievement awards, quality step increases, etc.).
VETERANS: Your last DD214 (member 4 copy), Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, that shows the type of discharge and all dates of active duty is required to verify your eligibility.
- If applying to a vacancy opened to all US Citizens under category rating and wish to be considered as a preference eligible, you need to submit a copy of your DD214 (member-4 copy).
- If claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. An SF-15 is desired, but not required.
- If applying to a vacancy opened Status and you are requesting consideration under Veteran’s Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) (https://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/#veoa), you need to provide a copy of your last DD214 (member-4 copy), which verifies your military service dates, reason for separation, OR certification of separation that shows a discharge date within 120 days of the closing of this announcement, and eligibility for consideration under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
FEDERAL APPLICANTS: You must submit SF-50(s) that verify your highest competitive grade, full performance level, and eligibility as a federal applicant. DO NOT submit an award SF-50 as these often do not verify grade or eligibility. For consideration for a promotion, Box 4 of the SF-50 must show a date that is at least 52 weeks prior to the job announcement closing. We recommend submitting your last promotion SF-50, current SF-50 or within-grade increase SF-50. Pay adjustment raise SF-50s for the current year will not support the 52 weeks’ time-in-grade requirements. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/service/SF-50/
NON COMPETITIVE APPLICANTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility, you must provide the appropriate SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS, such as PCS orders (military spouse) describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability (schedule A), etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments.
DISPLACED EMPLOYEES: If requesting consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency CTAP program (ICTAP), you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85 or falling in the Gold Category) and provide all of the following documents:
- your most recent performance appraisal,
- the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and
- your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee’s Guide to Career Transition.
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position. Please review your application prior to final submission and ensure you have submitted all appropriate documents. Uploading documents to USAJobs does NOT ensure inclusion with your application to our system. You must verify that the documents are in the system with your application prior to final submission.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Individuals with disabilities
Federal employees – Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
Open to current and former Federal employees with competitive status, VEOA Applicants, AND All U.S. Citizens.
FAQ for US Maritime Administration Jobs Employment
- Who are hiring ?
Answer:- US Maritime Administration Hiring.
- Which Job Profile US Maritime Administration Needed?
Answer:- US Maritime Administration Recruiting for Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) job position.
- Which is the official US Maritime Administration Careers Portal?
Answer:- www.maritime.dot.gov is official US Maritime Administration Careers Portal.
- What is Qualification for this US Maritime Administration Recruitment?
Answer:- experience from relevant field Required for Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) job position.
- How to Apply for US Maritime Administration Rigging Worker (P) (Open to both U.S. Citizens and Federal Employees) job position?
Answer:- You can apply online with the help of direct apply link provided in above section.